Parma Ham Honey-Roasted Pumpkin08.10.2019
Despite the sudden drop in temperature, October is filled with plenty of spooktacular opportunities to experiment with new autumnal recipes. Whether you want to get creative with the kids in the kitchen or you're searching for canapé ideas for your Halloween party, there's a Parma Ham recipe to trick-or-treat yourself for every spooky occasion!
Perfect for those who have some pumpkin left over from an afternoon of pumpkin-carving, this fun dish comes courtesy of www.prosciuttodiparma.com and is perfect cook with the kids for Halloween, as they can experiment with flavours by adding different herbs and spices. The pumpkin wedges will also taste delicious when dipped in sour cream.
- 60g Pumpkin, sliced into 6 with the seeds reserved
- 1 tsp. Chili flakes
- 1 tsp. Lime zest
- 1 tbsp. Lime juice
- 2 tbsp. Walnut oil
- 2 tbsp. Runny honey
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Salt & Black pepper
- 1 Lime
- 6 slices Parma Ham
- Preheat the oven to 150o Mix the pumpkin seeds with ½ tsp. of chili flakes, ½ tsp. of salt, a little pepper, lime zest, and juice. Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until crunchy and golden brown, tossing halfway.
- Place the pumpkin seeds in a roasting tin. Mix together the walnut oil, runny honey, and thyme leaves. Pour this mixture over the pumpkin slices, making sure each is covered well.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp. of chili flakes and paprika over the pumpkin. Season and cover with foil.
- Increase the oven temperature to 190o Roast the pumpkin in the oven for 30 minutes, remove the foil and roast for a further 20 minutes, basting at regular intervals until the sauce and pumpkin slices have caramelised.
- Squeeze a little lime juice over the pumpkin slices and then wrap a slice of Parma Ham around each.
- Serve the Parma Ham and pumpkin slices with plenty of spicy lime pumpkin seeds.