Pea and Watercress Soup with Croutons by James Martin22.11.2018
A tasty winter warmer which all the family will enjoy.
Catch James Martin at BBC Good Food Show Winter on Sunday 2nd December. For information and tickets, please visit: www.bbcgoodfoodshow.com/birmingham-winter
- 400g fresh watercress
- 100g flat leaf parsley
- 45g butter
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic gloves, finely chopped
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 400g frozen peas
- 100ml double cream
- sour cream
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Blanch the watercress and the parsley by plunging it into the boiling water and removing it straight away. Drain in a colander to remove any excess water.
- Melt 20g of the butter in a large saucepan. Add the shallots and garlic and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes until soft but not coloured.
- Add the stock and bring to the boil. Add the peas and cook for 2 minutes until the peas are just tender and bright green.
- Add the cream then remove from the heat. Add the blanched parsley and watercress and blend with a stick blender.
- Season the soup with salt and pepper and add the remaining 25g butter. Ladle the soup into warm serving bowls and garnish with croutons and sour cream.